The National Mall & Pizza Date: Washigton DC Diaries

Wednesday, February 18

 

This was one of my favorite days in DC. The weather was amazing, high fifties, perfect for light layers and walking around without feeling too cold! 

Este fue sin duda mi día preferido en DC. El clima estuvo hermoso! El sol salió y la temperatura estaba en sus altos 50. Perfecto para una vestimenta ligera y caminar si sentir tanto el frío.
We got to see all the monuments from The National Mall. My favorite has to be the Lincoln Memorial, very striking and the scenario is just lovely (even in the winter!). We also payed a visit to the Obama’s haha… the Declaration of Independence and Eastern Market! 

Pudimos caminar por The National Mall y visitar todos sus monumentos. Sin duda mi preferido (y el de muchos) es el de Abraham Lincoln, muy imponente y hermoso. De igual forma, vimos la Casa Blanca, la Declaración de la Independencia y visitamos Eastern Market.
For this day, I styled a pair of dark leggings with a white shirt, stripped top and poncho. I added a wide brim hat, big sunnies and kitty shoulder bag to complete the look. I got lots of compliments that day (an english guy told me my sunnies were cool!) so apparently I may have done things right haha

Para este día elegí combinar un poncho en color crema oscuro con una camisa de botones y un top de listas. Le agregué unos cómodos leggings negros, mi bolso de gatito y unas gafas enormes de Zero UV. Recibí muchos halagos mientras caminaba, me sentí un tanto avergonzada pero me dije: aparentemente hice algo bien hoy! jaja

For dinner we had to return to Georgetown. We ate at Paradiso, a  veeery delicious pizzeria. Jay ordered the pesto pizza and I one with spinach, mushrooms and onions. OH… so good!! 

Cenamos en una pizzeria de Georgetown llamada Paradiso. Jay ordenó una pizza de pesto y yo una de vegetales, ambas estavieron riquísimas!
  
Dean & Deluca was our obligatory stop for dessert. I ordered a white hot chocolate & halzenut/praline macarons! I’m still daydreaming about it haha.. 

Thank you for taking the time to read about my DC adventures,
Nydia 


Visitamos a Dean & Deluca para el postre. Pobré los macarons más deliciosos de mi vida: uno de avellana y otro de gengibre acompañado por un vaso de chocolate blanco caliente! Todavía pienso en ellos jaja…

Gracias por tomar de su tiempo y ver mis aventuras en DC!
Nydia

No Comments

WUNDERKIND © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes